These young men who lost their lives, do not cry for them,
They are not really gone, you know;
It's just a body which they left behind,
They will only be gone forever when we no longer
Free translation into English from a text by Bram Vermeulen (1946 - 2004)
© 2006-2013, Jan Nieuwenhuis, The Netherlands
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS & INSTALLATION
Windows XP up to Windows 10
- Important note: Though the programme works OK with Vista, it is possible that
you will not be able to see images of the crew members and/or aircraft. If you
encounter this problem then you need to run the programme as 'Administrator'...
Just right click with your mouse on the AirWarWW2.exe file and you will find it in
the drop-down list... Sometimes this also may apply to other Windows versions...
The software may perhaps also run with older Windows operating systems (’98),
though I have not tested it.
Other operating systems
- The software only runs under the Windows operating system, though it might be
possible to run it on Linux, BSD, Solaris and Mac OS X by using Wine, a free
program which lets you run Windows software on other operating systems. With
Wine, you can install and run these applications just like you would in Windows.
However, I have not been able to test this, so if any one can tell me if it works,
please let me know!
DirectX 6 and up
- Though not essential, it will smooth transitions in the software; Windows based
PC's already have it installed.
Adobe Acrobat Reader 5 and up
- Only needed when you want to be able to print and save a PDF document which
can be created from the “Listings” page in the software. Please note that the
creation of PDF is experimental and might not work on all PC’s.
Screen resolution 1024 * 768 or higher
- The programme will also work with lower resolutions, but then you have to scroll
up/down and left/right.
- Speed not that important because data is transferred as ASCII text only.
- If you use a Firewall, it may ask you if the software can connect to the Internet;
If you refuse this, the software will not work, because it needs an Internet
connection (database) to work properly...
- It is not necessary to install the software; just download (button on the left) the
zip-file, unzip it in a single directory on your harddisk, and run AirWarWW2.exe
Please note that the software does NOT contain and Adware or Spyware!
The AirWarWW2 software is
available for FREE...
If you like the
software though, please
consider a donation
via the DONATE Page
MADE WITH XARA